Wednesday, January 06, 2010

欠过年的 2010 New Year Resolutions!

Yes, another new year is here! And i'm actually kind of looking forward to it! :D Haha, reason being 2009 has been a rather bad year for me, so i'm hoping for a better one ahead! =X

Ok, maybe not all things bad.. but as usual, bad things tend to be more salient than the good things, especially when sickness and stuff are involved :(

ANYWAY, let's be more forward looking!! I've been working on this post on and off since December, but bcoz of other busy busy commitments, so it's delayed til' after new year! Lol.

SO. ...I tried to search for last year's resolutions first, in order to evaluate if i've met the goals i've set for myself (as inspired by porkie! :p)... Haha and I realised I only set very non-specific goals for myself, that was hastily summarised into a paragraph! -_-'''

2009:
This new year, i wish for better time management, to be a better gf, to be a better family member, to manage my finances better, to manage crises better, to manage homework better, a more balanced life, to be more disciplined, more time for play, a more loving family, acceptance, a less braty tutee, more pretty clothes, and more collared clothes for intern. -_-'''

Sadly speaking, I look at it and can't conclude much about my brainless resolutions. Hahaha.

- Better time management -- not really.

- Better gf -- I think so, but it's not really up to me to judge right? =)

- Better family member -- I don't know

- Manage finances better -- kind of..

- Manage crises better -- super alot of crises last year, totally broke down n number of times that i've lost count, so it should be easy to evaluate right? But I really don't know how to evaluate whether I managed it well or not =(

- Manage homework better -- not really

- A more balanced life -- maybe yes...coz I don't bother to manage my homework as well? Hahaha -.-

- To be more disciplined -- ermm sadly, I don't think so! At least not when work is concerned =X

- More time for play -- haha I really don't know how to comment on this! I think I play when I'm not supposed to *ahems* But then, if I never ever play during those times, I suppose I will never ever have to play liao =X

- A more loving family -- I suppose it's status quo, things either remain stagnant or become worse after 20 over years.

- Acceptance -- Hmm i'm not sure what I meant by this a year ago haha.

- A less bratty tutee -- nope!!

- More pretty clothes -- haha more clothes definitely, but my amount of shopping is very insignificant compared to other girls (especially the one whom I receive msn offline msges with abundant blogshop links every single time I come online AHEM.). Yea, so I think I surf more clothes than I buy clothes lol.

- More collared clothes for intern -- err yea, kind of. This better not be my 2010 resolution, I'm not supposed to be looking for an internship again -.-''

***

Yea, so as you can see my resolutions aren't strictly speaking resolutions, but more like wishes! And I think I kind of wasted a year's worth of resolutions, coz' they're rather random stuff.

So I shall attempt to set better resolutions this year *ahem* better, as we all know, is rather subjective.

Here goes:

1. Get a job that I like asap!
This is very practical, as much as I do not wish to keep harping on it. In fact, it is very important to me in a farsighted sense, coz I don't like to stay in debt for too long! Fact is, who likes being in debt? But I just feel very guilty and restricted about spending money when I keep seeing that huge amount of debt looming around. And yea, I would prefer my money spent on something else that's meaningful and lovely, rather than annoying stuff.

Of coz, given my personality, I probably won't thrive for long doing something I don't like. So why go into something that I know I'm not gonna do well in? Right, that is unless I'm jobless for many many months already, then I might consider going into * choy choy CHOY!! x1000000000000* research. *grimaces* I feel sinful at the mere thought of it!

1a. Do my best, learn as much, and make my part-time job a very meaningful experience!
Heh. Yes, I managed to get myself a part-time to full-time job. Pay's not too good, but I'll close one eye, and learn as much as I can! I'm actually quite excited about it!! Hehe. Cuz I would say, it's quite hard to find something of your interest with a Degree only in our field. But this looks like what i'm actually interested in :)

No speculations, and no promises about making it a full-time job though. It'll eventually depend on how they evaluate my performance and of course how I find the environment and job to my liking too! But it's alright, I still think the experience is very important and I'll learn first, and talk later... Yay! =)

Anyway, on a side note, i'm working with XIAN again. AGAIN. So perpetually stuck with her. We are involved in every single thing in and out of school together. What is wrong with me man! :p

P.S. Pls don't start discussing here about what my company is and all that!


2. Start a regular fixed saving plan after getting a full-time job!
Haha, I made that sound like starting some formal investment like that.

Actually, I just want to start proportioning out my monthly salary clearly into what I need to spend/save the money on. Yea, overspending is no good. Need to plan more for reserves! And of coz clear the annoying debts. Hah, can't stop harping about the debts... they're getting on my nerves!


3. Better better time management
I wished I don't have to repeat this every year, but I just can't seem to fulfill this every year! =X Haha. And I shouldn't give up, coz this year, especially, is gonna be a very heavily-loaded year! Yes, so all the more I need to manage my time and events better...

I want more time for my lovely!!! *blush*

Ahem.


4. Get an international qualification for my langauge(s)
Ok, this is not a very high priority la, maybe either this year or next year. I actually registered for the French one last May already, but because my grandpa passed away, I went back to Malaysia and skipped the test.

I'm hoping to go for it again, or maybe the Spanish one. But it's kind of hard coz NTU adjusted their calendar to start and end the semester later. So it might clash with my school exams if I register for them lor :(

Yea, so if I don't get to do it this year, I think i'll try to save some money, and take some classes before sitting for the exams ba. Haha, as you can see, i'm somehow quite fixated on my languages =)


5. Be a better better girlfriend!
Somehow I feel lovely is always too nice and too sweet to me. Bahhhh! (Not that I don't like it la) =X Hehe. So I want to be as nice/nicer to him as he is nice to me! (:


6. Maintain the grades and get that honors.
Haha I must pretend that I am very studious. Actually I was only reminded of this coz I saw Julyn's blog. Ahem.

Anyway, this is important too to get a good pay ma. Haha. So it shall be a resolution too~ And of coz the bulk of it is Graduation Project (GP) la. Can faint leh. That's like obviously the most difficult to score :( Jiayou jiayou!! Hahaa.


7. Exercise more regularly!
Haha I just started this reccently, and I think it's something I ought to continue... Healthy lifestyle is very very important!! (:

Only problem is probably getting started =p Haha, and somehow it's always easier when lovely drags me along together! =X Hahahaa...



Ok, I can't think of anymore resolutions at the moment...


May 2010 be a better year! :)

2 comments:

  1. why wait till May 2010?

    j/k. Btw I think yr life fated to be with xian. maybe next time u apply for flat she will stay above u too... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -.- took me very long to get ur joke.

    CHOYYY!!! thank goodness it'll nv happen, cuz i'll die die stay in the east, and she'll die die stay in the west. phew. thanks for reminding me that at least at the end of the day i can return home to a place without her :p wuhahaha!!

    ReplyDelete