Saturday, November 22, 2008

When I was in JC, I used to faint at the sight of complex numbers and mechanics. I claimed that I love probability and statistics much much more.


Now I wish somebody gives me mechanics questions to do, and take away all those joint pdf pmf cdf and what-nots away away awayyyyyyyyyy from me. I do not understand, wth my lecture notes nor the textbook is talking about!!


And I do not understand, how on earth I am going to pass my paper! Wait, you mean I'm even going to pass? @_@ Right.


Yes, I am so so so convinced I'm not gonna take anymore maths module next sem. Nobody can persuade me anymore that it's a pity to give up my maths minor now. Rin has brainwashed me into thinking that doing stats without knowing what it's used for, but just for the sake of applying formulae, is absolute rubbish. Yes, you need to let me know performing a t-test will tell me if lead levels are significantly higher. Don't try to throw me a problem, and tell me I ought to be smart enough to know which formula to apply. How on earth am I supposed to know what to do with joint distribution functions when none of them reveals anything about lead levels or psychosocial factors! o_O


I hate math, I hate math, I hate math! I think I hate math for the first time since after primary 6. (Ting, before 24th Nov 2008). Yes, I believe I will no longer hate maths anymore after Monday. I believe it's an unstable attribution, not stable. And I believe it ought to be attributed to external factors like lousy lecturer, rather than internal factors like lousy Ting. And I most definitely believe it's just specifically MAS215, not globally all maths.

No, I'm not suffering from learned helplessness. No, I'm not going through experimental neurosis. Ting ting is so gonna be alright.



RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
*crawls back to textbook and notes meekly*

No comments:

Post a Comment