Friday, October 09, 2009

The Killing.

The Boyfriend ordered a chicken chop and I ordered a grilled fish. I started looking around while we waited for the food. I noticed the halal sign, and...


Me: Hey the stall is halal leh. Actually what's the difference between halal chicken and the non-halal chicken ar? I heard they perform some ritual before they kill the chicken is it?

The BF: No la, it's just the way they slaughter the chicken. They'll slit the throat and just let the blood drip until it dies lor.

Me: *winces* errrr, okayyyy. Eh, abit weird to be discussing how the chicken we'll be eating later died leh. *pauses* Eh, actually it's ok lah! You're the one eating chicken ma, i'm eating fish!! Hahahaaa *grins happily*

The BF:
Oh, you know how the fish is killed or not, even more cruel leh!!

Me: Huh?? Er, no, I don't want to know, don't tell me now...

The BF: No, you must listen. It's really very cruel...

Me: .....

The BF:
They drowned the fish to death...


????

No comments:

Post a Comment