Saturday, August 16, 2008

what would i be without you?
standing in the middle of nowhere all alone.
caught, torn, ripped apart inside.
there is only so much that can be done.
and so much i told myself i can do.

but, with you.
i learnt to challenge my limits.
do the impossible.

but i failed.

i really tried.
and i tried again;
tried the impossible again.
tried to save what i love.
what and whom i care for.
again and again.
i tried.

i thought i saw some light.
a teeny ray of hope.
alas, happiness is elusive.
it slips away from you when you thought you've got it forever.

i failed again.
pulling myself down.
down, down, down together with all.

all for trying.
for trying too hard to achieve what i knew was impossible.
for trying to change one thing at a time.
for hoping we will all be happy eventually when the time comes.
exhaustion and hurt was what i reaped.

no, i don't think i deserve all these.
including you.
your support and love i sought to turn to when i was all torn and tattered.
torn again and again on my left, right there.

and i got more than i sought.

i found support;
felt the love;
heard the first nice thing after all that shit.
i found happiness again;
felt the reassurance, so strong it threw me right off;
heard the sweetest things i could ever get.

i tried and i failed.
bcoz i was standing alone.

but how can i fail again,
when i have you with me by my side forever?

tell me how i could possibly fail.
teach me how i could ever fail.
make me imagine us failing.
let me see how we fall.

that, that, that, and that.
i bet you don't have an answer for me.

coz with you holding me tight,
singing our tune in harmony,
we will never have a chance at failure again.

for that or not for that,
i still do not have a reason why.
why i love you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment