Monday, June 16, 2008

i've just been put through the most cruel hp-buying experience ever i swear~

see, my hp has been cui for a month or so, but my contract only ends on 16 June (today), so they don't let me do anything about it at all before that. then, i bio the phone i wanted to buy liao (Sony k850i), and it costs $288 at Singtel.

then, on thurs nite, i came home to a brother gushing on and on about his new Sony pda hp bought at a double-discounted price (IT fair/hello! shop + student promo) of $248. i thought about my miserable $288 old non-pda hp, and went to hello! shop on friday to check out the promo price of my hp - $268. =( and i went to singtelshop.com (online) on saturday, and saw it at $98! so, elated, i called up the customer service at 1626 to wait for FORTEEN MINUTES before somebody finally attended to me. and i asked if i could change my hp on sunday (1 day earlier than contract end date) and they said no. and coz of the plan my dad had changed to, the chap told me i had to pay extra $100 coz of the 12mth upgrade. so i asked if the price put up online was applicable in hello! shops too. so he put me on hold for another TWO MINUTES, and came back and told me his system was down, and he'll call me back. so i waited another TEN MINUTES, and he called to tell me instore price was $268+100, and online price was $98+100. ok, so i asked about transfering my ownership of my hp from under my dad's name to my name (so i didn't have to pay the extra $100..), and taking up the student plan. he told me it could be done at any hello! shop at $20.

ok, so i decided to go down to the hello! shop the next day (sunday 15 June) to transfer the ownership of my hp, then wait for the contract to end on monday 16 June, then buy it online. and we reached hello! shop and saw Genevieve (my cchms/ntu friend) working there, who told us that it was the last day of promos so there's alot alot of ppl. then i told her i just wanna transfer the ownership of the hp, then she suggested i come back another day so duneed to wait for hours. so we okay, and left the shop.

and on monday morning i.e. today - 16 june - end of contract day, i checked out singtelshop.com again, and to my utmost horror, the price became $288 again.

WTH WTH WTH!!! it's not even my fault, i swear!!! =((

No comments:

Post a Comment