Saturday, October 13, 2007

2 years back, i drank half a bottle of barcadi when i turned 18. then i itched for a week, thinking it was some allergy to my farm of softtoys on my bed (who later all got banished into the cold chamber by mummy). yk suspected it to be an allergy to alcohol, but i was in denial.

ytd nite i spotted an opened bottle of red wine. so i happily poured HALF a cup. and as i replaced the cork back, my eyes went wide at the label which said "alcohol content: 14%". and so i thought, half a cup only, just drink lor since already poured. so i drank a THIRD of the nasty half cup of red stuff.

and viola! my skin started blotching red patches. uh oh. i took the remaining 2/3 of the 1/2 cup (2/3 x 1/2 = 1/3.. haha.) to mummy

me: hey do u wanna drink? my skin's turning a weird colour, i think i better stop drinking..
mummy: *gasps* you dare to drink ar?! i don't dare leh.. i got feng mo de.. so don't dare to drink.
me: huh? got feng mo cannot drink de meh?
mummy: ya.. some ppl got feng mo will have alcohol allergy..
me: hehhhhh... REALLY AR!? *stares at red blotches on arms in dismay*

so in my panick, i stopped all work and splattered aloe vera cream on my body, thinking that if i'm gonna start itching sooner or later, i might as well slp the itch away. so as i was washing up, i caught myself blushing so prettily in the mirror! ^^ and i just had to sms yk so that he could laugh at my 'gruesome resident evil' skin. then i went off to bed straightaway praying hard in my dreams. and i woke up to occassional slight itches, but waved them off with more aloe cream.

then i woke up cheerfully to my visibly nicer looking not-so-red skin. thinking i've conquered the devil, i got up to bathe and the blood started flowing and my WHOLE body started looking sunburnt! -.-''' uh oh. and the itch was starting to kick in.

not wanting to alarm the rest and not wanting to visit a dumb gp, i looked for acid to neutralise the alcohol. but i found none, so i drank water instead. haha can't find acid so use pH7! fits in the logic of "no fish, shrimp also good!". so i drank almost a litre of pH7...and the blotches actually DISPERSED!! *wooohoooooo!* felt so smart!

so i just went about the rest of the morning drinking lots of water and continue slathering aloe cream. then went to meet mabbie to study at the airport! ^^ and after i came back and bathe, the blotches appeared again, worse than before! O_O and the itch started getting bad. miraculously, it only appeared everywhere that was covered by my teeshirt, so my family didn't noticed anything! :p hahahaa.

so i sat down for dinner which was yummy 一品锅 (if you duno wad's that, check the dictionary chinese restaurant menu :p). and if you have known me for ages, or if you happen to be the aunty selling bachor mee in SAJC, you would know how passionately i hate VINEGAR. but i went mad and added like more than TWO TABLESPOONS of vinegar into my soup. and mum looked at me like i was some intruder who just joined her i-love-vinegar-club.

hey presto! alcohol neutralised!! :)) it's not even itching the slightest bit now! ^^ heh. bravo! huiting is such a smart girl. the practical applications of science (acid + alkali = H2O!) + psychology (placebo effect!) = self cure!! =)

down with psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, electroconvulsive therapy and whatnot. all huiting needs is to ban herself from alcohol!! =((((((((((

No comments:

Post a Comment